The A-Flex Protective Headgear is fabricated from a flexible plastic that readily conforms to varying head shapes making it easy-to-fit upon demand. The protection is ideal for low impact forces that are distributed across the entire surface without cracking or penetrating. The headgear is equipped with chin straps that are recommended for active and noncompliant patients. The posterior strap “locks” the device below the mastoids and accommodates size variations while the lateral straps are used for easy donning and doffing. Lateral straps and side-slits are also optional. The A-Flex features ventilation holes to reduce trapped heat. It can be easily trimmed with a pair of shop snips without the need for complex equipment and tools. It can be stocked in various sizes.
- Post-operative craniectomy or craniotomy
- Cranial vault reconstruction or other cranial surgery
- Skull anomalies
- Seizure disorders
- Self-injurious behavior related to head banging, hair pulling, etc.
- Instability secondary to poor balance and/or equilibrium reactions
- Individuals who are at high risk for facial injuries (Custom products including face guards and other forms of cranial protection are available from Orthomerica)
- Individuals requiring high impact protection